- Do I have to take Drivers Education?
If you are under the age of 18, you are required to take Drivers Education, as well as Drivers Training, before you can get your license.
- Do I have to have a permit?
Yes. Regardless of your age, you have to pass the written test and get a permit in order to learn to drive.
- How old do I have to be to get my permit?
You must be at least 15 ½.
- How long is my permit valid?
The permit is valid for a year from the time you take your first permit test. If you fail your first permit test you must take another one as quickly as possible because your time has already started. If the student does not get their license in the allotted timeframe, they must retake their permit test.
- What are the steps to getting a permit?
The first step to getting a permit is to complete a driver education classroom or online course. After the student has completed the driver education course they will be sent or given a certificate of completion stating that they have completed the requirements of the course.
- What do I have to bring to the DMV to get my permit?
There are six items that the student must bring:
- Certificate of Completion of Driver Education classroom or online course
- DMV form DL44 (requires parents’ signatures) -You can obtain this form at the DMV
- Original copy of Birth Certificate
- Social Security Card
- Check made payable to the DMV for $33. This fee allows the student to take the permit test up to three times. If the student fails the permit test three times they will have to pay the fee again
Note: The permit does not become valid until you begin driver training (Behind-the-Wheel) and the permit is signed by a licensed driving instructor.
- Can I take my driver education class online?
Yes, you can. It’s very affordable and convenient. Take our online Driver’s Education Course and Receive a DMV Recognized Certificate of Completion, necessary for obtaining your Learners Permit and for taking the Driver License Exam.
- Can I drive by myself?
On a learner’s permit you must be accompanied by a licensed driver 25 years or older. If you are caught driving without a license or alone on a learner’s permit, the police will impound your vehicle for 30 days as well as write you a ticket that you will have to go to court on and they could postpone your getting a license. These are hefty fines and a serious inconvenience. Don’t start off on the wrong foot.
- How long do I have to wait to get my license?
You must be 15 ½ before you can take the written test to get a permit. After you get your permit you must be practicing with supervision for 6 months before you can go to get your license. There are no exceptions.
- Do I have to have insurance?
No. You will be covered by our insurance when you take Behind-the-Wheel Training and you are covered by your parent’s insurance while driving with them provided you have a learner’s permit. Auto insurance companies will not insure you until you have a license.
- What kind of vehicles do you use?
All of our vehicles have dual brakes. Currently, our fleet consists of Ford Focuses and Toyota Corrolas based on their reliability and safety records.