In order to take the driving test and get your license you must:
- Be 15 ½ years old to take the written test and 16 years old to get your license
- Completed drivers education
- Complete behind-the-wheel training; and
- Practice with a licensed adult 25 yrs or older for 6 months from the date of issue of your permit.
What do you need in order to get a driving permit? California requires that any person under the age of 18 must attend driver’s education classes and receive a certificate of completion for the course from a DMV approved provider. You can either complete this requirement using an online classroom format or traditional classroom option.
Complete your California Drivers Education Course online.
- Official DMV certificate of completion
- Everything is done ONLINE!
- Take the coursework when it’s convenient with your schedule
Take our online Driver’s Education Course and Receive a DMV Recognized Certificate of Completion, necessary for obtaining your Learners Permit and for taking the Driver License Exam.
Behind the Wheel (BTW) Training:
Behind the Wheel (BTW) is 6 hours of training with a licensed instructor. We schedule 3 appointments for 2 hours each. The instructor will pick you up at home, work, or school and teach you all the basics of operating a vehicle safely and legally. This fee is paid in advance to the Pacific Safety Center prior to your first appointment. At the end of the 6 hours, you will receive a Certificate of Completion in Drivers Training. You must finish all three classes within eight months, beginning the day of your first class.
All of our instructors are licensed through the DMV, professionally trained, bonded and responsible.
- Driver’s Education –Online Classroom $29.99
- Behind the Wheel Training (3 – 2hr sessions) – $297
For information or to schedule a class, please, call us at (760) 440-8337 or send us an email to our friendly, knowledgeable team who are standing by ready to answer all your questions.
Or drop by our office, located at:
Pacific Safety Center
9880 Via Pasar Suite F
San Diego, CA 92126
855-4PSC-411 or (855-477-2411)