The California Motorcyclist Safety Program Motorcyclist Training Course (CMSP MTC) is designed for the novice rider with no (or limited) street-riding experience. This course includes both classroom and on-cycle instruction. You will learn fundamental skills required to operate the motorcycle and progress to street riding skills and strategies.
Please Note: Motorcycles and Helmets are PROVIDED in this course. Discounts are NOT offered if you have your own motorcycle.
WHAT TO EXPECT
The MTC is mandatory for those under the age of 21, but is also recommended to those 21+ who are seeking to obtain a motorcycle endorsement on their California driver’s license. Topics include understanding how a motorcycle turns, proper cornering strategies, and emergency crash avoidance skills.
$425 FOR OVER 21
$395 FOR UNDER 21
WHAT TO WEAR
These are required to participate.
- Full Coverage or 3/4-coverage DOT- Compliant Helmet (Provided by PSC)
- Eye Protection (Glasses, Sunglasses etc..)
- Sturdy, over the ankle Boots (Converse do NOT count)
- Long sleeved shirt, or jacket
- Heavyweight Denim, khaki, or leather pants (NO Holes)
- Full fingered riding gloves (All Leather of Motorcycle Specific)
WHAT TO BRING
Bring one of the following identifications to the course:
- Valid Class C Driver’s License (Out of State/International Acceptable)
- Valid CA DMV- issued Motorcycle Learner’s Permit (Optional)
- School ID for those under 21 without a license
For over 60 years, Pacific Safety Center (PSC) has specialized in on-site, customized safety solutions for Southern California. As a CMSP affiliate, we are proud to offer the MTC for beginning motorcyclists. Upon successful completion of the California Motorcyclist Safety Program Motorcyclist Training, students will receive a DMV DL389 certificate that may waive the riding skills test requirement at the DMV.